Dairy Biosecurity Risk Evaluation Framework for DairyNZ
DairyNZ tasked us to help develop a Dairy Biosecurity Risk Evaluation Framework (D-BRiEF), to rank biosecurity risk organisms. The motivation for this interdisciplinary work was driven by the need to identify the greatest biosecurity risks in order to better allocate resources and prioritise organisms that pose the biggest threat to the industry. This work included a wide range of tasks including the development of a quantitative risk model, design and delivery of online surveys, expert workshops, data analysis, literature reviews, national and international stakeholder collaboration as well as an IT analysis.
- Muellner P, Hodges D, Ahlstrom C, Newman M, Davidson R, Pfeiffer D, Marshall J, Morley C. Creating a framework for the prioritization of biosecurity risks to the New Zealand dairy industry. Transboundary and Emerging Diseases, doi: 10.1111/tbed.12848, 2018.
- Muellner P, Hodges D, Spencer S, Shackelton L. A fresh look at the mathematical aggregation of expert opinion for biosecurity risk analysis. Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists (ANZCVS) Science Week, Surfer’s Paradise, Australia, 2019.
- Muellner P, Hodges D, Muellner U. Too many risk organisms, so little time – building a framework for the New Zealand dairy industry to effectively assess biosecurity risks. Proceedings of the 15th Symposium of the International Society for Veterinary Epidemiology and Economics (ISVEE), Chiang Mai, Thailand, 2018.
- Hodges D, Muellner P. Prioritising biosecurity risks to the New Zealand dairy industry. New Zealand Veterinary Association (NZVA) Conference, Hamilton, New Zealand, June 2018.
- Morley C, Muellner P, Hodges D. Building a sustainable framework for expert-guided biosecurity risk assessment for the New Zealand dairy industry. Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists (ANZCVS) Science Week, Surfer’s Paradise, Australia, 2017.