We like to push boundaries and no two days are the same in our office. We like to play at the top level and nurture a culture of innovation & creativity. If you are keen to be part of a hard-working and visionary team you will fit right in.
Software Engineer Infrastructure / Cloud
Looking for something different? If you are passionate about cloud computing and helping clients getting the most out of their data science environment, this might the opportunity of a lifetime!
Based in Wellington’s creativity and tech hub, Miramar, and with clients from around the world, we are on the lookout for a Software Engineer (Cloud / Architecture) to join our team. In this role you will help us answer the trickiest questions for our clients, linking data, science and IT powered solutions to improve human, animal and environmental health outcomes. Our high-profile projects range from building custom dashboards with complex data pipelines, supporting several NZ government agencies with their data science infrastructure, to working with a global network of researchers and organisations to connect cutting-edge science with operational decisions. As Oceania’s only Posit Full Service Certified Partner, we provide professional services and software products to help our clients succeed with open-source data science. And, as a B Cop certified company, we aim to be about more than profit, committing e.g. to good cause projects, diversity and sustainability.
ABOUT THE ROLE
With your strong cloud and infrastructure engineering skills, you will work on a diverse set of data science infrastructure projects to help our clients get the most out of open-source technologies like R and Python, enabling better data-driven decision making and effective communication of results. Experience with data science tools and associated open-source technologies (R, Python) would be a big plus; however is not mandatory and we can train you in these technologies. There is also a chance to get involved into some of our bespoke dashboard projects to get hands on with R and Python – let’s discuss!
The role is all about:
- Expert level technical knowledge paired with proven communication skills to discuss complex findings with our customers – with patience and compassion
- Working in a strong, agile and close-knit team
- We are a learning organisation – we hope to learn from you, and we provide ample opportunities to learn from us and deepen your skills; staying up-to-date with the latest cloud and data science technologies is key!
- A desire to share your knowledge, when talking to colleagues, customers or contributing to webinars, posts, talks or articles.
What technical skills are we looking for?
- Strong background in Linux and cloud infrastructure implementation and administration, in particular Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Experience with cloud system integrations, e.g. configuring of authentication solutions with Active Directory, SAML or Kerberos.
- Setting up and managing CI/CD pipelines and tooling, incl. infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience with data science systems (e.g. Databricks, Spark) would be a big plus – however this is not mandatory. If you have already worked with R, R Shiny, Python and associated ecosystems (e.g. CRAN, PyPI), even better!
- Load balancing and scaling solutions with Docker, Nginx, Kubernetes
- Knowledge in databases (i.e. PostgreSQL, MS SQL Server) and REST APIs
- Solution architect capabilities would be of advantage
- Thinking out of the box to develop solutions - we love exploring innovative ways to offer the best possible solutions for our clients and lead the field we are working in!
WHO SHOULD APPLY
You have a university degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science (or similar university degree) with at least 5 years relevant work experience in an enterprise context. You are keen to further your technical skills, learn in a fun and progressive team environment and like to explore emerging ideas.
Preserving our planet through sustainability and innovation is important to us and we hope you share these values too. Perks like company e-bike, health insurance, and flexible working are all part of the package. As a B-Corp certified business, we believe that the principles and practices of Equal Opportunity Employment are crucial to delivering high quality work. We welcome applications from diverse cultural groups and lived experiences, as we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. Salary range will be matched to skill set and experience.
To apply please provide a CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why you would like to work for us and what you will bring to the role.
Are you looking for some part time work in the heart of Miramar? Do you want to work for a small but exciting company that cares? Well, this job might be for you.
With a base in Wellington’s creativity and tech hub, Miramar, and serving high-profile clients both in New Zealand and globally our small team is on the lookout for an office administrator to join us part time.
As a boutique consultancy of technical experts, we improve human, animal and environmental health through IT powered solutions. Our clients cover a wide range of high-profile organisations such as the United Nations, World Health Organisation and the New Zealand Government.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for someone to join our team as an office administrator for initially 10 hours per week. It will be based at our lovely open and light office on Park Road. You will have a can-do attitude and can come in and get things done. Some level of office administration experience would be helpful but is not essential. Ideally you would come into the office each day for 2 to 3 hours, but timing can be discussed.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- General office management
- Shopping for office supplies
- Support waste minimisation
- Assist with event planning
- General administrative support
As you get to know us, you’ll also spot other ways you can help – and we would like you to become an integral part of our team supporting a cohesive working environment.
WHO SHOULD APPLY
Someone who is looking for an interesting and varied part-time role with a hands-on attitude. If you enjoy getting on with your work and are a real team player, we would love to hear from you.
As a B-Corp organisation we believe that the principles and practices of Equal Opportunity Employment are crucial to delivering high quality work. We welcome applications from diverse cultural groups and lived experiences. Preserving our planet through sustainability and innovation is important to us and we hope you share these values too. Perks like company e-bike and flexible working are all part of the package.
Please provide a CV and Cover Letter explaining your rationale for applying for this position and send to email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!